Here is our beautiful Kylie, full of excitement about her new glasses! A couple of months ago, I took her to her 4 year doctor's appointment. They tested her vision and she didn't do so well, so she got referred to an Opthamologist. I took her to that eye exam last week and he said that she had an astigmatism in both eyes and would need glasses. We were expecting this since she has been complaining of headaches and I have noticed that she hasn't been able to see some things as well as I thought she should have (she thought a doll up on a neighbor's roof was a banana).
Two days ago we were able to pick up her glasses and she has been so happy! She thought that it was funny that the ground looked like it had another step and she was trying to leap over that other step all day yesterday (I noticed this too when I got glasses to correct my astigmatism.)
It made me so happy when I was reading a book to her and she said "Mommy, I can see all of the letters!" She then proceeded to point them all out to me. She also proceeded to point out all of the blemishes on my face and the hair on my arms. She thought that it was so funny that the hair on my arms grew so fast! She just couldn't see it all that well before.
Today she was practicing writing her letters and she pulled out a legal pad of paper and wrote the letters in the small space between the lines. She has never been able to keep them so neat and tiny. I am glad that we were able to help her vision before she started school.
I am a little saddened by the fact that she will have to deal with glasses at such an early age and that it will be something that we will have to handle for a long time. But it helps that she is seeing so much better and is so excited herself. I hope the excitement lasts!



7 comments:
She looks darling!
I remember when I got my first pair of glasses. I suddenly started winning at the alphabet game when we were in the car. I was also very excited at what trees looked like. Before that I drew my trees looking like green balloons with brown sticks, after I got my glasses, I started drawing trees with all of the branches and individual leaves. It was great. I never broke my glasses because they were always on my face because I could see so much better with them.
She looks so cute and happy!
She's darling. And she's growing up so fast, I can't believe it.
Melissa
Cute glasses Kylie! She is such a beautiful girl.
I got my first glasses when I was 5 also because of an astigmatism... but back then glasses for little kids made us look like dorks; Kylie looks so beautiful, intelligent, and sophisticated in hers. Oh, and I remember that illusive "step" too.
Kylie looks so cute in her new glasses. A memory we have of you guys was also the TLF. Another memory is the valentines day party at the cutler's and how both years Miki tries to throw the game. Too funny! Especially Tovi's reaction.
Post a Comment