Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pumpkins

We learned the hard way not to carve pumpkins when you live in hot climates. We experienced this for the first time in Arizona. We carved our pumpkins and within a couple of days they were melted to the sidewalk. It is pretty much the same way here in San Antonio. Strange things begin to grow rather quickly from a carved pumpkin which does enhance its ghoulish appearance.
Since we didn't want to deal with the front porch clean up and since my kids really wanted to get involved in our pumpkin decorating this year, I found this fun idea in the Family Fun magazine. I cut out a bunch of eyes, noses and mouths from magazines and put them out for the girls to see. They then picked the features that they wanted for their pumpkins and taped them on. I thought they turned out so cute and the girls loved it (it was so easy too!)

No comments: