Friday, March 27, 2009

Where Has The Time Gone?

For all of you that have been wondering what happened to me in the blogging world; here I am. But I don't know if my brain is really all here. I have been in a sort of dazed state for the last three months. That dazed state is called "trying to sell my home and get ready to move to El Paso by June."

Yes, we are going to El Paso. The Army has decided to send us there for the next 4 years. I am not quite sure how I feel about this transition, but then again I wasn't sure how I felt about moving to NE Missouri or San Antonio for that matter. But each move has helped me meet so many wonderful people, and experience many new and important things in my life. I have to just hope that this next move will also be a wonderful growing time for me and my family.

I think that this move is going to be different then the others in a couple of ways.

1st: Miki could possibly be deployed. And with the Army that is never good. He could be gone twice during the next four years for a total of two years away from us. Hopefully it won't be that bad, but I am planning for it and so will be pleasantly surprised when it doesn't happen and won't be devastated when it does (I may be anyway!)

2nd: Kylie will be starting Kindergarten. She is ready, but I don't know if I am. In Texas, Kindergarten is all-day. That means Mon-Fri from 7:45-3:00. I don't know what I am going to do with myself and Sadie without Kylie around. I feel like this is starting a whole new phase of our lives that will not be ending any time soon.

3rd: For the first time, I won't know anyone. I think that it will be a time for doing a lot of family things and focusing on my kids and husband. They probably need more of that from me anyway.

4th: Juarez. If you have been watching the news at all, you know that some not so nice things are happening just across the border from El Paso in Juarez, Mexico. It is just a little worrisome that it will be so close, although it makes Miki excited to have the possibility of using his guns to guard and protect his family. I don't know if I really need anything to encourage these kinds of ideas in my husband's overly active action hero want-to-be mind.

I also found out that our temple will be the Juarez temple and I don't know how I feel about leaving the kids with a babysitter and leaving the country like that. Miki and I may just have to make the 3 hour trip to Albuquerque instead.

I feel so blessed right now in so many ways. I will truly miss the life that we have made here. The routines, activities, callings, school, play groups, and especially friends. Kylie spent the entire day today going from one play date to another. We are so blessed to live in such a tight-knit community where I feel safe and my kids always have someone to play with. I will miss the friendships that I have made and only hope that somehow we will meet again in this small military world.
Anyone up for a tour of El Paso? Driving through? Please visit! Because we will be missing all of you.

6 comments:

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

Good luck on your next adventure!

Kevin and Kristen said...

Wow, a temple trip down to Mexico. Yea, I don't know how I would feel about that either. We will miss our fun neighbors too! It has been so great having you across the street to see and play with!

Danae said...

Off on yet another adventure! I understand your apprehension about this move. I'm sure you'll meet plenty of friends right away. Everyone loves you!

Katrina Rasband said...

we drive to el paso every once in a while...we would love to see your beautufil family! and the 3 hour trip would be totally worth it! the albuquerque temple is beautiful...not to mention that is where jay and i will be sealed may 2nd! :o)

Kimberli said...

It is going to be one SAD day for us when the Cain's pull out of town... boo hoo!

DocLT said...

Grr, so sad that we are all separating! Just do me a favor, DONT GO INTO JUAREZ, even for Temple. I like you all too much and worry about your safety in doing so. I love Alb, so go there. And technically, Miki isn't allowed to cross into Mexico due fabulous Army restrictions...so use that as an excuse :0)