For anyone that doesn't know me that well, I am not a spontaneous person. If we are going anywhere, I have to have extensive plans, outlines and lists in hand. So, what I am about to write may surprise many of you. It surprised me! Miki had a week off of work at the beginning of March. We had decided to spend the week at home, getting our house ready to sell. I had a long list of things that needed repair and reorganizing. And a list of things for Miki to do since he would actually be around in the daytime.
The first day of his vacation, this conversation came up.
Me: I guess we could go to Sea world for a couple of hours.
Miki: No, I mean go somewhere.
Me: I have heard great things about the Great Wolf Lodge.
Miki: Where is that? What is that?
After looking it up on the computer, he immediately decided that we should drive there and spend one night.
Now, I was hesitant since we hadn't been talking about it and hashing out plans for the last month, but surprised myself and agreed to the plan. We packed and set out early the next morning. .jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
What a fantastic, kid-friendly hotel. We spent almost the entire time in the water park. But also really enjoyed the magical, wizard adventure. You buy a magic wand and go on scavenger hunts throughout the hotel to gain wizard experience. Then at the end you defeat the dragon. This is meant to be for the kids, but I think Miki enjoyed it just as much as Kylie. When I was helping Sadie take her nap, Miki was helping Kylie find magic treasure..jpg)
.jpg)
It made me sad that Sadie didn't really enjoy herself. Her eczema was flaring up, she wasn't sleeping very well, wouldn't eat, and wouldn't try any of the fun stuff at the water park. She cried a lot. Hopefully, we will have a chance to go again when Sadie will be able to enjoy it too.
It was really nice to be able to relax and not worry about house stuff, and other responsibilities. But when we got home, it all caught up with me. Now I know why I like to have things planned out, then I can take care of everything before I leave on a vacation and not have it all coming to haunt me afterward.
.jpg)



1 comment:
I'm with you on the whole planning thing. Good for you being spontaneous. It sounds like a really cool place to stay. Your girls are so cute!
Post a Comment