Sunday, August 30, 2009

Kylie Starts Kindergarten

Kylie started Kindergarten on August 24th. I have to admit that I shed a tear or two. She looked so grown up walking with her class and teacher to their classroom. We have an interesting year ahead as the school district is right in the middle of building a new elementary school and Kylie will be transferring there when it opens in January. The new school is called Lundy. Until then, she is going to Polk Elementary and is out in a mosquito infested portable classroom. Her entire class as well as teacher will transfer together to the new school. I think that that will make the move easier for everyone.
Her teacher is Mrs. Hardwick. She is quiet and smart as Kylie says. And Kylie also says that she is the best teacher ever.
After her first day of school, Kylie said that she never wanted to go to another first day of school ever again. She said that it was so boring and all that any of the teachers did was talk, talk, talk. I was a little shocked by this, but then recalled the first day of school for me, even up until college. It is all about rules, procedures and what to expect. Poor kids! I just feel bad that I forgot to warn her about this.
After the second day she said that it was more of what she expected it to be like. Every day she likes it more and more. She already has five friends in her class and she told me today that the teacher already had to move her friend Isabelle so that they weren't sitting by each other any more. I guess that they were talking too much.
We are working through the exhaustion of all-day school for her, and Sadie and I miss her so much at home.
We love you big girl!

2 comments:

Kevin and Kristen said...

Yea Kylie!! What a big girl for going to school all day! Hope you have a great year.

Katrina Rasband said...

the girls started a new school this year and the whole time i had been telling them it would be okay but as soon as i pulled away my stomach turned and i almost cried. at the end of the day, they couldn't stop talking about what an awesome school it was!
congrats to kylie!