We had a fun backyard water party for Sadie. She wanted a Tinker belle theme. I did the best I could for her and wish that I could have been more and done more for her special day. I was grateful that a couple of moms stayed and helped out by holding and feeding Lanie, supervising the water slide, face painting, and helping with clean up. Sadie is such a beautiful girl. She is so loving and caring and strong-willed. She is learning how to do so many things on her own, like making her bed, emptying the dishwasher, helping with her baby sister, and playing well with Kylie. She gives the biggest hugs, but can also throw the biggest tantrums. She wants to be heard and acknowledged.
Sadie will be starting preschool next month. I am so proud of her for learning how to write all of her letters and she can also figure out how to read some words. She is getting better at drawing and coloring and can use scissors expertly. She loves to sing and has started making up add-on stories with me.
Her likes and dislikes are constantly changing. Right now she likes the color purple, peanut butter and honey sandwiches, and playing with Littlest Pet Shops. She will always and forever love chocolate and any other type of snack/junk food. We have to watch the pantry with her. She is a little hesitant to try new things, but is slowly getting better at taking that first step, with some coaxing. I have her signed up for soccer and dance this Fall. She is excited to do these things and I hope that she will be willing to give them a fair try. Last year, she wanted to take dance lessons, but when we got there, I couldn't even get her through the door.
Yesterday she told me that she wants to have a boyfriend. Uh oh! We are talking about this already? Luckily, she just thinks boyfriends are for chasing (thanks Junie B. Jones books!)
She is such a wonderful, caring sister and daughter and brings so much excitement and joy to our lives. We love you Sadie!





1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SADIE!! Can't believe that she is already 4 and it looks like she had a wonderful time at her party!
Post a Comment