Friday, July 18, 2008

Circus Time

Miki and I took the girls to the circus over the 4th of July weekend We were able to have Martin and Christine go with us, and we met up with some friends. We were all so excited and thought that the kids would love the animals and human stunts. We happened to be on the very back row as far from the show as possible. It was still fun even though there was one stunt that was so high up that our overhanging ceiling made it impossible for us to see. I did have an idea of what was going on by watching their shadows.

About ten minutes into the show Kylie began to complain of a headache. We thought that the lights and sounds might be too much for her so she sat on Miki's lap. She then proceeded to FALL ASLEEP during the circus. I didn't know that that could be possible with all of that noise. Halfway through the show, we could tell that she had a fever and was completely miserable.
Sadie was having a blast, although she did drop her binkie at one time (typical Sadie behavior) and threw a small tantrum.

When the show was over, we piled in the car and headed home, and Kylie proceeded to throw up! She was so sick and threw up the next morning too. Exactly 24 hours later, she felt just fine and it was as if nothing had ever been wrong. She did say that she never wanted to go to the circus again because it made her sick.

1 comment:

The Bryson Family said...

I had the same thing happen to me. My dad was upset with me because instead of it being the circus I didn't want to go back to, it was his Uncle Gailen's home.