Thursday, December 4, 2008

First Tooth!

No, Kylie did not get her first tooth...she lost her first tooth! She is only 4 1/2 and the first of her baby teeth fell out tonight while we were brushing her teeth. Miki is on call tonight, so she had to call him and tell him the good news. We put the tooth in a little bag and it is currently under her pillow as she is attempting to fall asleep. I have to see what kind of prize the Tooth Fairy can scrounge up!
Her tooth started wiggling on her birthday, six months ago. She has been very cautious about wiggling it and didn't really know if she wanted it to fall out. She knew that it would probably involve a little pain and some blood. Not something that she was eager for.
I was a little concerned that she was so young to be loosing teeth, but the dentist said that the grown up teeth are right there ready to make a debut. I just feel like she is growing up so fast! Next thing you know I will be teaching her how to shave her legs and wear make up...okay let's not get too far ahead of ourselves!

2 comments:

Katrina Rasband said...

it is so exciting for the tooth fairy to visit for the first time :o)

Danae said...

Losing a tooth at 4? Wow! She's darling with or without teeth!