Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fiesta Farms

On April 9th, Sadie and I spent the day at the Fiesta Farms. A preschool group in the neighborhood was going and invited us along. Sadie was so excited until she actually saw the animals. And then it took some time for her to warm up to them. She did really well if there was a fence or cage to keep the animals at a distance.



The rabbits helped her relax though. Luckily they were at the beginning of the tour.

The kids were given some food to hand feed the goats and the goats went crazy; knocking over toddlers, chasing kids, ramming into moms. At the time, it seems a little scary, and I am sure a lot scary to the kids, but looking back it was actually quite hilarious. Probably because no one got hurt. I think that is why Sadie made a quick retreat from the goat pen to pet them from outside their fence. Smart girl.

They stood and stared at this pig for quite awhile. I think they were in shock.

The hayride at the end of the tour. We then had a picnic lunch while chickens pecked at our feet. I am sure that this adventure will be talked about for a long time.

2 comments:

Danae said...

My kids love the animals. Dallin is like Sadie, he likes to keep his distance.

Leah said...

I am SO happy that you are back to blogging! The girls are so cute and getting tall tall tall!