Friday, June 26, 2009

Easter Parties

I know that I am way behind on my posts. I blame it on the craziness that comes over me when there is any type of chaos. This time it was the chaos of moving. I will post more about that later.


Our neighborhood Children's Music Class group got together at Kristine Larson's home for some fun Easter/spring songs, a cute craft, an egg hunt, and yummy food. I am so grateful that my girls and I got to be a part of this fun program. I am hoping to be able to get something like it going here. We shall see.

Kylie's school aslo had an Easter egg hunt. The kids decorated their very own Easter baskets and got to hunt for a dozen eggs stuffed with stickers, toys, some candy, and any other fun thing that fits into an egg. The moms were invited to come early and watch the hunt. I had told Kylie that we would be there and I wanted to be there early so that Sadie and I could help hide the eggs and see the excitement on the kids' faces as they came outside. But it ended up being a race to even get there in time to pick Kylie up after school and take her home.

Sadie and I went to Fiesta Farms while Kylie was at school. We ate lunch there and had about an hour before we would have to be to the egg hunt. I thought to myself, that is long enough to drive up the 1604 and find the HOA office and pick up some papers that I need for selling my house. Unfortunately, I thought that I knew exactly where it was at and felt no need to double check a map. After driving around forever, back tracking, praying and panicking we found it. I then proceeded to try to find the quickest route back to Kylie's school, which happens to not exist. We did make it just in time to take these cute pictures. Kylie had a good time even with out us and loved to show us what she had found. Notice how Sadie can't take her eyes off of the eggs. Kylie did share with her little sister. She is always good that way.

Since this experience, I have since upgraded my phone (after 7 years-it was needed!) to one that has a GPS. I love it!
We had company this Easter, and loved it! We love having Uncle Marty and Aunt Chrissy come to visit. And we are missing them now that we are so far away. Christine's friend Kat came with them to spend Easter at our house, and the girls absolutely loved her. There is something to be said for visitors that don't have their own kids. They still love to play with mine.

We enjoyed church services together and tried to teach the girls that Easter is not all about eggs and candy. From the pictures in this post, you are probably doubting that last statement. But there was an honest effort put into trying to help the girls learn about our Savior during the holiday season.

And then, we decorated Easter eggs and had our own egg hunt. Do you think they will remember the wonderful spiritual lessons taught? Hopefully it will sink in over the years.













1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pictures of the girls. Sure enjoyed visiting with them and you. Ady keeps asking where Sadie and Kylie are. We tell her at their house and she wants to go and play with them again.