Sunday, August 30, 2009

Big News

Miki is being deployed! We found out a couple of weeks ago. We knew that this was coming eventually, but for some reason we were taken a little off guard by how quickly this is all happening.


Miki will be leaving in November for Iraq. His deployment will be for 12 months. He will be going as a Brigade Surgeon, which is mostly an administrative (meetings and paperwork) position. He will definitely miss his Pediatric clinic work.

(He is only smiling in this picture because he really hates it when I take pictures of him. What a humble guy!)
He is currently in Ft. Irwin, CA for a month of training and will be back at the end of the month. We love him so much and appreciate all of the sacrifices he makes to take care of our little family.


We miss you Miki!

6 comments:

Kevin and Kristen said...

That happened quick for you guys. That is such a long time for him to be gone from his little family, and we hope that it goes by quickly for you all. You are such a wonderful family, and Tovi, you are such a strong person, I know that you will be okay. The kids always talk about Dr. Miki, (even though they only saw him a couple of times in the office), and I know that he will be greatly missed while in Iraq. We wish him the best of luck and to you too, Tovi!

Katrina Rasband said...

oh wow! you will all be in our prayers!

Marnie said...

Tovi, did you get my email? Your family has been in my thoughts and prayers. You can do this! There will be some amazing blessing that come out of this, I promise.

Becca said...

Man, I'm sorry to hear that he is getting deployed. Will he be able to come home when the baby is born? I hope so, and I pray that he won't be on the frontlines. Good luck! You could always come here for a visit!

jomandy said...

So soon after Residency? They ought to leave you alone for at least a year to recoup from residency. Hang in there! Its fun catching up on your life...it's been a while. Your house new house looks really nice.

jomandy said...

So soon after Residency? They ought to leave you alone for at least a year to recoup from residency. Hang in there! Its fun catching up on your life...it's been a while. Your house new house looks really nice.