Sunday, August 30, 2009

Moving to El Paso

Moving to our El Paso home was an experience! The girls and I drove here ourselves. It took about 9 hours. But there were so good the entire way. Thank you girls!

I had to unpack everything myself as Miki was still working in San Antonio. For those who know me well, you will understand that I can't leave everything a mess. Everything has its place and so I worked nonstop putting everything in order so that I could feel like I could breath. I actually hurt my back a little with all of the lifting I was doing. I am so glad that my parents and brother and his wife and daughter came to visit right after we moved in. They were so helpful; unpacked, cleaned, hung up decorations, and played with my kids. Thank you!!!

Right after they left, the El Paso monsoon season attacked. There was so much rain every night. Maybe I am the only one like this, but the very first big storm in a new house, is a little terrifying for me. I couldn't sleep and just walked around the house making sure everything was okay. And of course, my roof started to leak. I was a wreck. Luckily, I have a husband who is very loving and understanding of me and can calm me down. Even though he was far away he helped me through this ordeal. I have to also thank my mom again for being a listening ear!

It has been about three months and we finally have the roof fixed. I have also been busy repainting the toy room, the girl's bedroom and the office. We had the outside trim repainted and a new deck put on our balcony. I am really happy with how everything has turned out, but of course we have more construction plans brewing.
Before and after shots of the toy room.

The Girl's bedroom.

Our new deck on the balcony.

And before and after shots of our outside trim.

We are really loving how peaceful El Paso is. It is beautiful, we have met so many wonderful people, Kylie's school is great, and the weather can't be beat. I am grateful that we can trust that the Lord will put us where He needs us and where we need to be!

3 comments:

Kevin and Kristen said...

Wow, Tovi! You have been a busy lady! It looks great. I like what you did to the girls' room, much better. And you will love having that deck on those nice evenings. Glad to hear that you are loving your new home and town! Miss you guys.

Kimberli said...

Okay, that picture with all the buckets in your house was pretty sad! Love all the rest of the pictures though. I just need to see this fancy house in person now!

Katrina Rasband said...

we moved into our house in jan and i still only have two walls painted! jealous! the girls miss having you for neighbors! we wish you the best in el paso!