.jpg)
Kylie celebrated her 100th day of school a couple of weeks ago. Her teacher gave her an assignment to make a poster with 100 things on it. After discussing the assignment she decided to put 100 calendar days until May 8th. That was the exact number of days from the date of the assignment until her birthday, our new baby's due date, her dance recital, and her daddy coming home for 2 weeks . May 8th is an exciting date for her and for our entire family!
The Tripps were passing through El Paso on their way to Utah. They stopped in for a quick nights rest on Wednesday and then left bright and early the next morning. I don't envy that drive. Kylie and Sadie were so excited for the visit. They love their friend Lucy. Kylie was so excited that she had a hard time going to sleep the night before and woke up at 5:30 on Thursday. I have never seen her get ready for school so quickly. It was good though because it gave her about 30 minutes to play with Lucy. I love seeing how much the Tripps' kids grow and how cute they all are. Thanks for the visit and we can't wait to see you again soon!
Yesterday was Rodeo Day at Sadie's Preschool. She was so excited to be able to dress up. We found a hat and bandanna in her dress up box but unfortunately that is the extent of our Western wear. She made crafts, sang cowboy songs, roasted marshmallows over a fake fire, got her face painted (she chose a bat on one cheek and a heart for the other), and ate lots of candy.
This week was also Hats for Haiti at Kylie's school. The kids could wear any type of hat that they wanted to school as long as they brought a quarter each time to donate for a Haiti fundraiser. Kylie wore a hat three times this week. First, a Hello Kitty baseball cap, then an army cap, and last a cute black hat. I am really surprised that none of them got lost.

This morning the girls and I built a big fort. Not so easy for me to climb in and out of that any more. But the girls are having fun with it today. I think that they have moved every toy and book that they have into the fort.
The Tripps were passing through El Paso on their way to Utah. They stopped in for a quick nights rest on Wednesday and then left bright and early the next morning. I don't envy that drive. Kylie and Sadie were so excited for the visit. They love their friend Lucy. Kylie was so excited that she had a hard time going to sleep the night before and woke up at 5:30 on Thursday. I have never seen her get ready for school so quickly. It was good though because it gave her about 30 minutes to play with Lucy. I love seeing how much the Tripps' kids grow and how cute they all are. Thanks for the visit and we can't wait to see you again soon!
Yesterday was Rodeo Day at Sadie's Preschool. She was so excited to be able to dress up. We found a hat and bandanna in her dress up box but unfortunately that is the extent of our Western wear. She made crafts, sang cowboy songs, roasted marshmallows over a fake fire, got her face painted (she chose a bat on one cheek and a heart for the other), and ate lots of candy.
This week was also Hats for Haiti at Kylie's school. The kids could wear any type of hat that they wanted to school as long as they brought a quarter each time to donate for a Haiti fundraiser. Kylie wore a hat three times this week. First, a Hello Kitty baseball cap, then an army cap, and last a cute black hat. I am really surprised that none of them got lost. 
This morning the girls and I built a big fort. Not so easy for me to climb in and out of that any more. But the girls are having fun with it today. I think that they have moved every toy and book that they have into the fort.
I LOVE MY GIRLS!



2 comments:
Awesome pictures, it would have been fun to be there and play with the toys and read the books. I hope it turns out to be a very fun weekend.
May 8th will be a busy day. You'll have to have Mikki deliver the baby at the Dance Recital... During intermission. How are you doing? it's been sooooo long since I have talked to you. I hope your feeling well.
Post a Comment