Saturday, April 17, 2010

At 36 Weeks Pregnant


Again, I appreciate the photographic skills of my five-year old daughter Kylie. She actually really enjoys being the one to take these pregnancy shots. We laugh and have a good time looking at the pictures where she accidentally cuts off my head, gets me with my eyes closed, my hair is sticking up, or completely misses me in the shot.

It has been interesting being pregnant while living here in El Paso. I have had so many people predict the gender of my baby. And they are all wrong! No one has guessed right. I guess the theory is that if you are carrying out in front, then it is a boy, and if you are carrying wide, it is a girl. Well, I am definitely carrying this baby all out in front, but no, it is not a boy. People have been shocked and disbelieving that they have guessed wrong. I even had my roof replacement guy tell me that he has never guessed wrong before. Little do these people know that this is just how I carry my babies.

Last Sunday, I walked up to a new woman at church, just to introduce myself and talk to her for a minute. Her three-year old son was standing next to her and as I approached, the boy started to scream, point, and hide behind his mom. He was terrified! I was a little confused and then he slowly walked over and poked my tummy, then began to scream again. He was afraid of my belly. I have never had that reaction before and it made me wonder how I must look to others. I would think that my belly would be a bit disconcerting for someone at that eye level.

I feel like I have been pregnant forever. But I also don't know if I am ready for this child right now and the many changes that she will bring. I think that it will help when Miki is here. He should be here in a little over 2 weeks. He gets to come home for a 2 week R&R (rest and relaxation) and then back out to Iraq until the end of November. We can not wait to see him!

3 comments:

Becky Foster said...

You look fantastic! And I'm so happy that you'll get to see Miki so soon! Good luck with everything. I can't wait to see the little beauty.

Billy and Megan said...

Tovi! You look so darling! I'm so glad you'll get your hubby home for a bit. I've had so many people tell me "I don't know how you do it" with Billy pretty much being gone until midnight each night with tax season, but I always just think of you and then I don't feel like I've got it too rough... I guess it is just putting things in perspective, you probably have someone you think of that has it harder than you! Anyway, "I don't know how you do it" and manage to look so cute at the same time. Hang in there!

Kara said...

Congrats on another girl! And congrats on getting your hubby home (even if it's only a couple of weeks) You look adorable pregnant!