So many fun things have happened over the last couple of days. Where do I start?
.JPG)
We had our ward family party on Saturday, a Sock Hop. It was worth going just to see Kylie dancing the night away. Here she is in her 50's clothes (we tried the best we could since we don't have a poodle skirt).
She got into it, especially since she got to dance with her friend Jordan Pieroni the whole night and would only let mom cut in every once in awhile. At one point, their friend Ella was dancing with her prince doll and following Kylie and Jordan everywhere. Ella began to kiss her doll quite enthusiastically, and I turned to her mother to say that Kylie and Jordan would probably notice and that Jordan would then probably try to kiss Kylie and she would tell him that she couldn't kiss until she was married (we have been coaching her). Just then Kylie and Jordan stop dancing and stare at each other, Jordan leans in, and Kylie with her mouth tightly closed, shakes her head in quick sharp motions. The moment was over and they continued dancing. One failed attempt, sorry Jordan. Good job, Kylie!
Here Kylie is even leading a congo line and having fun with the limbo. Unfortunately, I didn't get to dance much since Miki was at home with a sick Sadie (how convenient for him).
.JPG)
This morning, the girls were entertaining themselves with coloring while I took care of some stuff around the house (okay, I was really reading everyone else's blogs). The girls were quiet and having a good time, so I thought nothing of it. When I finally went into the kitchen this is what I found. Sadie had colored all over the tile floor and window seat with orange crayon. Not the easiest thing to get off, but a piece of cake for me thanks to Mr. Clean and his Magic Eraser!
.JPG)
.JPG)
Sadie had to help me clean up the mess, but she soon discovered that a wet towel wouldn't do the trick and left me to the task. She also had to apologize and I told her not to draw on anything but paper ever again. She responded with a straight-faced "K". We'll see if that discipline stuck. Who knows what works with a 19 month-old.
I made the girls a green breakfast for St. Patrick's Day. It was scrambled eggs (which Sadie wouldn't eat) green milk with cereal, and even some colorful banana slices (which Kylie wouldn't eat). Kylie thought that the whole thing was so exciting and asked me how I made the milk green. I told her that it was a special St. Patrick's Day secret. But she wouldn't let it go. After a while of badgering me, she finally said, "Mom, you need to tell me so that I can do the same thing for my children when I am a mommy." How could I say no to that!? So, I showed her the food coloring secret. She is constantly talking about wanting to learn how to do things so that she can be a good mom. The latest thing has been her wanting to help me with the laundry so that she can know how to do it for her family someday. What a sweet girl.
St. Patrick's Day is sort of a confusing holiday to try to explain to a three year old. I discovered this as we were driving to the park and she asked me what it was all about. I told her, well there are rainbows with pots of gold at the end with leprachauns and four-leaf clovers and it is all about good luck and the color green. Oh yeah, and pinching people that aren't wearing green, but if they are wearing green and you pinch them they get to pinch you ten times. Oh man! How do you make all of that sound plausible? Especially when I don't really believe in luck (or pinching for that matter)! Then she asked me, "Well, where is Jesus in all of it?" Good question! I just told her that it was one of those holidays that is just for fun like Halloween. Hopefully that was a good enough answer for her.
1 comment:
Tell Kylie that St. Patrick is the man who is credited with teaching the Irish about Jesus. And he is credited with chasing all the snakes out of Ireland so that now there are no wild snakes indiginous to the island. I don't know how he chased them out, but apparently he did. teehee. And it is an important holiday since there are so many Irish in America, including us...
Post a Comment