I officially give my husband, Miki Alma Cain, the Father of the Year Award! He has been such a good father and husband, especially when I was so busy with our Stake musical.
As you can see in these pictures, Miki took the girls camping. It was our ward's unofficial camping trip. I couldn't go because I had a couple of very long rehearsals for the musical. Miki decided to take the girls anyway. I told him that he could leave Sadie with me because I knew that it wouldn't be easy camping with a 1 year old. But he stepped up and said that he would take her. Sadie had been sick a few days before, but was doing alright, so they headed out Friday after he got done with work. I didn't hear from them until Saturday around 4:00 pm because they had no cell phone reception. Miki was on his way back (a two-hour drive) and the girls were fast asleep in the car. He told me that Sadie had been up crying all night long (we found out later that she had Roseolla). The only way that she would fall asleep was if she was laying on top of someone else. Kylie was such a good sister and let Sadie sleep on her back. That worked for awhile, but when Kylie woke up and couldn't get back to sleep again that way, Sadie tried to sleep on Miki's head. I asked him why he didn't just strap the girls into their seats and drive home in the middle of the night, and he said it was because Kylie wanting to go swimming on Saturday. So, they toughed it out. Everyone that was there camping, said that it was the funniest sight seeing Miki and the girls come staggering out of the car (Miki's idea to lay all the seats down in the Armada and sleep there instead of putting up a tent). I guess Miki looked so beat!
But he took the girls on a hike and swimming in the freezing cold water (that didn't last long). And to top that off, as soon as he got home, he unloaded everything into the house and washed the car!He is such a good father and does such a great job taking care of his girls. He never complains about helping out even when he is exhausted. He loves time with them and does such an amazing job of caring for them, playing with them, and teaching/teasing them. He has also been so great about giving me some time away every once in awhile. He encourages me to do things that I enjoy (like the musical) and cheers for me every step of the way. I love my husband for so many reasons, but one of the greatest reasons is because he loves being a father and embraces it one hundred percent.



No comments:
Post a Comment