Sunday, April 27, 2008

Kylie's Injury

This happened on March 31st. She really doesn't get banged up too often, so this is pretty traumatic for her.
She was finishing going potty and has tearing toilet paper off of the roll with one hand and holding the roll steady with the other. Well, she leaned too much of her weight against the toilet paper roll and the spring loaded toilet paper holder fell off. She fell right onto the metal section that holds the toilet paper to the wall.
I was in shock! I watched the whole thing happen and I still don't know how it all went down.
I just think these pictures are so cute because you can see the little tears in her eyes.
She had school the next day and insisted on wearing a band-aid. I don't know if it was to hide the ouchie or to draw attention to herself and her injury. She did make me tell her teachers exactly what had happened.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

How did you kick the thumbsucking habit? I need some foolproof advice. We have tried EVERYTHING!

Tovi said...

A soccer sock! We tried having her wear a princess glove, but she figured out how to suck on her thumb even with that on. My dentist suggested I put a sock on her hand, so the next day I put a cute little Dora sock on. She pulled it off in the middle of the night without even knowing it. Then we tried this long, tight soccer sock. She can't get it off while she is sleeping because the effort wakes her up and she realizes what she is doing and stops. She had kicked the habit and hadn't needed the sock for about a month but she got sick a week or so ago and started sucking on her thumb again, so we have had to pull out the sock again. But it works! Although, now she asks for the sock more as a lovey or comfort thing. Hope this helps! Good luck and I would love to hear what you have tried or what works for you!