Monday, October 20, 2008

A Little About The BUG!

I had Sadie in a little rotating play date every Tuesday for a couple of hours. This was a picture that I took of the girls in our playroom kitchen. Sadie with her friends Kelsey and Cambria. I thought it would be good for Sadie to have some time to play with kids her own age (there aren't that many around here) and for me to have some time without either of my girls. I thought I could do a lot of things this fall, but I was wrong. I have learned that I get more and more stressed the more things I take on. I was just so overwhelmed with all of the things that I had committed to that I felt like I was going to burst and who was going to take the fallout from that? My family of course. So, to save them all from much misery, I cancelled almost everything that I had been doing, including Sadie's play date. Really, on the scale of things, how important is a play date for my daughter that is 2? Right, not that important. Besides, I think that we can have these girls over to play sometimes, but I just couldn't have it always scheduled. Too much commitment, no room for spur of the moment fun!

Here is a cute picture of Sadie wearing her belated birthday present from her Aunt Leah. Of course it would be a pretty princess hat. Can't have enough princess stuff in our house! Thanks Leah. We love it! Hope you are loving Chicago!

No comments: