Warning... this post may be very boring to some, but I wanted to jot down our last couple of weeks in San Antonio for my own historical records. I also apologize that I have no pictures of these weeks since I was not in my right mind and forgot that at some future date we may actually laugh about the situation and enjoy seeing pictures of the chaos.
We were so sad to leave San Antonio, but when we finally did leave, I was ready because of the never ending drama.First of all, I just wanted to state that we feel so blessed that we were able to sell our home to a wonderful family. Laura and Chris were so great to work with us throughout the entire process. We hope that they enjoy the home and neighborhood as much as we did!
I had it all planned out. I had a perfect plan. Why oh why, won't everyone agree to and follow my perfect plans? We were supposed to close on our house and be out on May 29th. The packers would be there on May22nd, 26th and 27th, then load the truck on the 28th. To our surprise the packers got everything done in 6 hours on the first day. They did an amazing job and it was so nice that we wouldn't have them coming in and out of our house for 2 more days, but it also meant that we had to live with all of our belongs in boxes for a week before the moving truck came and loaded it all up. Then the moving company called and asked if they could load it all up early. We agreed as long as we didn't end up with our belongs in storage. So, they loaded everything on May 26th and drove it away. That left us in our home for 3 more days without any furniture, our fridge, microwave, tv and computer. I thought that it would be doable since we kept a few things to entertain the girls and we had such great neighbors to entertain us as well. But then it got worse because the close date got moved to June 1st. Four more nights without any furniture or fridge. Needless to say that we ate out a lot.
.jpg)
I also had to keep calling the utilities companies to make sure that they didn't shut everything off on us. (Warning! This part may get a little confusing!) Then, we had to meet our household goods in El Paso on June 1st and close on our El Paso house on June 4th. Then our San Antonio close date got bumped again to June 2nd. So, somehow we had to be in El Paso on that Monday, in San Antonio on Tuesday, in El Paso on Thursday, and back to San Antonio on Friday for Miki's graduation. It was pretty stressful trying to come up with a plan to be everywhere at once. I ended up flying to El Paso on Sunday the 31st and being there to meet our household goods on the 1st. Then flying back on the morning of the 2nd. Luckily, Miki had the week off of work and didn't have to go back until the night of the 2nd, so he stayed in the empty San Antonio house with the kids and tried to keep them entertained. We finally ended up closing on our house on Wednesday the 3rd and moved promptly into the Temporary Lodging Facility on base. Sadie's comment sums it up when she saw our hotel room there. She said, "Wow! I like our new house!" We laughed because it actually was a step up from our beautiful, but empty accommodations, oh the wonders of refrigeration, ovens, and cable television. We were then able to close on our El Paso house on the 4th through a mail out packet and I was able to be in San Antonio for Miki's graduation on the 5th. The girls and I stayed with Miki at the TLF until June 9th when we then made the 8 hour drive to El Paso without him. Miki had to stay in San Antonio and work until July 2nd.
.jpg)
.jpg)
I will write another post about our new El Paso home and community!
The girls were so wonderful throughout this whole ordeal and loved the adventure. I was so glad that they were putting up with so much and were so willing to be happy with whatever we needed to do or wherever we needed to be. I am also so grateful for my wonderful, supportive and intelligent husband, who helps me stay sane and weather the rough spots in life. Thanks for being willing to work so hard even though it was your vacation time!
.jpg)



5 comments:
It sad that you had to leave San Antonio, but Congratulations on graduation and getting to move on to a new adventure. Best of luck to your family.
So I hope I did not quilt you into this post...but I loved the update!!!
I think I would have lost my mind!!! I'm glad everything worked out though. Fun to see what you're up to. Congrats to Miki on graduating! I bet it feels good to be done for all of you.
We miss you guys! And thank you for calling me on my birthday; sorry I missed your phone call. Moving is always an interesting adventure, isn't it?
Isn't moving fun; especially with the military right? We are still waiting for our household goods...shipped them over two months ago. At least we're in our home as well with loaner furniture from the loan locker.
Hope you ejoy your time in El Paso and a big Congrats to Micki on his graduation! :)
Post a Comment