Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010-Sunday

Easter morning I sent the girls on a hunt for their hidden Easter baskets. Sadie's was by the downstairs TV and Kylie's was in the baby crib. Here are a couple of videos of them showing their basket of goodies to their dad.




We missed you Miki! Things are just not the same when you are not here. The girls even told me today that their dad is funnier then me and that actually I am the fourth funniest, because dad is the first funniest, then Kylie, then Sadie and last is mom. I just can't keep up with my husband's sense of humor. I have even tried to step it up the last couple of months. My efforts have gone unnoticed, or maybe I am truly not as funny as I think. Nah, that can't be it.

I had hidden some Easter eggs in the back yard while the girls slept and let them hunt for them before breakfast. It was cute to see Kylie pointing out eggs for Sadie to get. She is a good big sister and makes sure that Sadie is getting her fair share. I know that some of the pictures aren't that good, but I just loved the excitement that you can see on their faces. I think the thrill of the hunt was better then the candy reward found in each egg. They would hunt for eggs even if they were empty.





We enjoyed watching our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, speak as we watched General Conference on TV. The girls do pretty well sitting for the eight hours (in two hour segments) since I discovered "conference stations." I read about this idea in The Friend magazine, but it was called "Sunday stations" there. I adapted it to fit my needs. I set up about 8 different areas in the TV room with crafts, coloring books, small toys, etc. They can sit and play or create at a station for about 20 minutes, but they can't be at the same station together and they have to do it quietly. Sometimes there is a little arguing about who gets to be at a station, but overall it has seemed to work out well. I am amazed at how much they listen to the speakers and we enjoy discussing what is being taught. Kids listen more then we realize. It also makes it nice for me to be able to listen while the girls are happily busy.

After conference, we headed over to dinner at the Jensens. The food was delicious and it was a beautiful day to eat the meal outside. The kids always love playing with Conner and Jaron. They get to rough house, yell and wrestle. I think they need that since they don't get those things too often with me.

Conner got these guns for his birthday and my girls loved pretending to hunt bears with them. I thought these were funny pictures and that Miki would get a kick out of them. I also appreciated Brendan running with the girls as they attempted to ride Conner's two-wheeler. Kylie was so excited to be trying to learn to ride a bike. She was pretty upset when I said that I wouldn't be able to help her do it at home. This belly would probably get in the way, besides the fact that I couldn't keep up with her. Brendan volunteered to help her out again and I am hoping that family will help her as they are visiting in the next couple of months!?

Happy Easter! We hope that everyone had an enjoyable holiday. I know that I was especially touched by the meaning and purpose of this holiday as Kylie bore her testimony of the Savior to Sadie and I and Miki (on the phone). What wonderful girls I have who know that Jesus loves them. Watching their testimonies grow, strengthens my own.

2 comments:

Kimberli said...

HA! Well, even if you are 4th funniest, I still think you are really funny! :)

Glad you had a nice Easter!

Kara said...

Hi Tovi! I got your blog from Melanie's. You have two beautiful daughters and are looking mighty fine yourself. I'm so sorry that your husband is deployed. It is so hard. Mine got back a year ago. Nothing is harder than doing it alone.

Good to see you, hope you don't mind my blogstalking.

Kara (mjoshkara@hotmail.com) if you want. :)