Tuesday, March 11, 2008

30!

Well, I had my 30th birthday yesterday! I think that it is going to be a good year. Not so bad turning 30 when all of your friends, husband, and relatives are growing old with you.
I told Miki that I wanted a birthday cake and he looked around for a cake mix in the pantry, but there was none to be found. So, he totally surprised me by looking up a chocolate cake recipe on the internet. He made it from scratch as well as chocolate frosting! Of course, we ran out of some of the ingredients and he improvised (his favorite way to cook) but it was such a delicious cake, moist, so chocolatey, and so impressive. He has a lot to live up to next year.
Here is the latest picture of the family. I wanted some pictures to remember this day by. Unfortunately, my family (Miki) doesn't seem to be too happy. I promise that I didn't force them into this picture and I definitely didn't force Miki to hug a rabbit for the picture either. In the foreground are the presents they got for me. Some Easte decorations. I have been begging for more holiday decor for the house.

My mom sent me this picture for my present. She drew this of me. I love to see her artwork. She is so talented. She stopped drawing and painting for awhile when we were kids, but I am so glad that she has picked it up again. Thanks for the wonderful gift!

4 comments:

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

Happy Birthday!

Billy and Megan said...

Happy Birthday! I just can't believe that we are all turning 30. I still feel 22 or something. You look great!

Kimberli said...

Looks like you had a great day! I think Miki loves you more than the big stuff bunny!

Leah said...

Oh Tov. I am SO SORRY that I seem to neglect important days for people I LOVE. Happy late b-day! I would have made you a cake from scrath if I were there, I'm glad your sweetie did. Perhaps now that you are 30 you will look 20? Love ya!