We met Brandon and Rebecca almost 6 years ago when Miki and Brandon were both starting medical school at the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kirksville, Missouri.
(This was a picture taken last September.)
I have to admit that I was originally drawn to the Da Valles because of Claire, their oldest daughter. At the time, she was only about 6 weeks old, and she was the cutest baby that I had ever seen (needless to say that I was very eager to be pregnant at that time). I just had to hold that little girl and lucky for us the parents of that little girl were some of the greatest people that we can claim as our friends. (An early picture of Claire!)We were blessed to have them visit us for about 10 days as they were moving from Pensacola to San Diego. Brandon was only able to spend about two days total with us because he had to continue on to San Diego to set up their housing and recieve their household goods. But we had so much fun with Rebecca, Claire (now 5 years old), Grace (4 years), and Malia (almost 2 years). The girls had instant playmates and I had someone to talk with all day.
Thanks Da Valles! We miss you guys! I guess next time we will raid your home in San Diego.
.JPG)
Claire and Grace read books to all of us pretty much the entire time that they were here. They read so well! Hopefully it rubbed off a little on my girls. I can't believe how grown up the girls are.
Claire and Grace read books to all of us pretty much the entire time that they were here. They read so well! Hopefully it rubbed off a little on my girls. I can't believe how grown up the girls are.
Sadie and Malia spent some time playing with these Boggle Jr. cards and I couldn't resist taking some cute pictures of them. They are only about 2 months apart in age. So fun!
Malia cheesing it for the camera!




3 comments:
Oh my how fun fun fun. I feel like I missed out on this. The Da Valles are such great people, just like you guys. We sure wish we could spend more time with the families we got close to in good ole Kirksville. Those were the days!
Tovi, it's Millie Price (from Kirksville) I just discovered Kate Meier's blog and saw your name on it! Kate and I were roommates during our Provo days. Anyway, I just thought I'd say hi and it was fun to see how your kids have grown. It looks like you had a great time with the de Valles, they are sooo nice. My daughter an I also love love love Enchanted, it just cracks me up. I hope all is well!
It looks like so much fun! Emma saw the pictures and almost started crying. You are both just the best people! I'm glad you had fun.
Post a Comment