My friend Farrah started this on her blog, and I thought it would be fun to see the things that people remember about our little family (the good, the bad, and the hilarious)!
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember! Since this is our family blog, feel free to leave a memory about any of the four of us.
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you.It's actually pretty cool (and funny) to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
okay, so I remember picking you up at your condo to take you and kylie to playgroup. You were always so friendly and I just loved to have someone to talk to that was at the same stage in life with one child and everything. I also have a great memory of you and Mickey coming to our Christmas party and you guys bringing Viagra as your white elephant gift. Hilarious! Will never forget it. We had some really fun times together!
My memory is from college. We met because we were dating brothers. We hit it off cause we were a lot alike & had a lot to talk about-especially with those 2 boys. Since then I have always considered you a good friend, even though we haven't had too much time together.
I remember hanging out with you at all the family reunions. Those were fun times! It's weird that it would take a small miracle to got all of us back together in the same place again. We are all so spread out now.
I remember going to Maui with you a short time before you got married. You came on the dependents cruise my ship was having and we spent a fun weekend touring the island. Remember the sign above a shop in Lahaina that said "MIKI"? I have a picture of you in front of it, it is one of my favorite pictures.
I can't say for sure my best memory of the Cain family. I'm still getting to know you guys and I know all of my memories will just get better!
I think my favorite memory of you so far has to be when we first met. You were so excited to show off your two beautiful little girls that your eyes just glittered with happiness.
Oh how can I narrow it down...there are so many:) Let's see...I remember Tovi knocking on my door with a Wendy's frosty in her hand when I was so sick with my pregnancy:) I remember Tovi driving me all the way to the airport in Kirksville...how generous was that! I remember you and Miki babysitting Claire in Kirksville and coming home to her black eye! I remember the pure joy in your voice when you told me you were pregnant with Kylie! I remember Miki doing my pile high sink of dishes when I was again very sick with my pregnancy and you guys taking my other two to Chuck E. Cheese! Who can forget camping in Sedona when Tovi and I were both very pregnant! Hmmm...seems to be a pregnant theme going on. I remember Wednesday dinners in Arizona! I remember how much you guys took good care of our girls any time and still do when we see you! I could go on and on...thanks for all the good times Cain family!
We have lots of fun memories from the Cain fam (and more to come). The first one that came to mind is the "Amish Entertainment" box experience. I haven't laughed that hard in a while! (For those of you who would like to read all about it, see Tovi's Feb 17 post!)
I remember when Tovi was about 2. She had a colored ring from the stacking toy that she loved. She slept with it in her hand. One time she found it on the kitchen floor around the kitchen table leg and couldn't pull it out. I tried lifting the table leg and she threw a tantrum and said "me do it!" So I had to put the table leg back down into the ring. She finally cried herself to sleep on the kitchen floor holding on to the ring. While she was asleep I lifted the table leg out of the ring. When she woke up she looked at the ring, smiled and said "See, I did it!" Wow what a child.
Tovi, I was hoping that I would have the "oldest" memory, but your mom beat me! This is from so long ago, but I vividly remember playing "Where in the U.S. is Carmen SanDiego" with you. I think it might have been the first time you spent the night. We stayed up late, and I was amazed at all the answers you knew! I swear you had been everywhere Carmen had!!!
Oh, where to begin! So many memories over the years. I remember watching "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" at your house during one of our girls' night ballroom parties. CLASSIC! Also, remember how we came up with code names for all of the hot guys on "Rising Generation" that we liked? I don't remember all of the names, but we were pathetic little high schoolers! Come to think of it, I think we did something similar at BYU. WOW! Still PATHETIC college kids! LOVE YA!
Tovi, Me(cami), Leah, Melanie, and Rhona had a lot of fun one Christmas in Rigby. We had made cookies and things and were going around delivering them to friends and family, ringing the doorbells and hiding so they were annonymous gifts. What made it really interesting is that it had snowed that day and the wind was really blowing so there were drifts everywhere. We had our old grey station wagon, and were bouncing over drifts. Then there was this huge drift that went up to people's mailboxes and we decided to go down there anyway, and of course got stuck in the deep snow. Luckily, as we were trying to dig and push our way out, a couple of police officers happened by on their snow machines. It was a real blast, and is one of my favorite memories:)
I just had to add another memory... sorry... j/k
I remember going to BYU to see Tovi and her dance team perform one time. We got there way early, and got good seats. When Tovi came out on to the dance floor, she was looking around to see if she could figure out where we were... this was the Marriot Center so it wasn't a little place mind you. I saw her looking for us, so I stood up and did the family Firefly Salute, which involves waggaling your fingers on your nose in a particular way. And dispite all the people she had to filter past in that stadium, she saw that family salute and waved. I was extremely impressed.
Post a Comment