Do you ever wonder if your kids watch too much TV? I have read article after article about this very question. I know that I should fill my girls' days with activities, crafts, and learning experiences, but sometimes I just need a break. Sometimes I need to shower, and sometimes they just love to watch TV. Actually, it doesn't help that Miki and I love to watch TV as well. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't leave the TV on all day long. I have actually been really good about limiting our TV viewing pleasure (at least I think so). The girls get about 1 hour of TV a day on average. Some days it is more, some days less. But I usually will let them watch a show while I shower and/or make dinner.
Lately, all Sadie asks for is TV, from morning til night. She LOVES Ariel. She has Ariel shirts, pj's, toys, wall stickers, books, and movies. Yesterday she watched Ariel's Beginning twice, once with me and then once later with Miki (this was a little over two hours of TV viewing)!!! So, when this happens I wonder what goes on behind the closed doors of other homes. Do other mothers cave as often as I do?
So, here are some guestions, and be honest now. You aren't helping me by trying to make yourself look perfect (I know you all are anyway.)
How much TV do you let your kids watch? Am I letting my kids watch too much? Now I want honest answers! There are days where the girls watch hours of TV. Am I all alone? Do I need to tone it down a bit? I would love to hear your opinions! Bring on the constructive criticism! And bring on the fun stories and personal experiences!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I really struggle with the TV. It is so easy when you need a break to just turn it on.
Most days, I let the boys watch two hours of TV. I don't think it will destroy their brains, as long as we do more interactive activities during the day.
I think most moms struggle with this one, Tovi! I definitely do. There are days that's all my son wants to do, too. I limit it to once a day unless it's Saturday. But there are definitely days where I cave & let them watch more. Those days happen more often than they should. I think you're pretty normal.
Wow Tovi! You should be awarded mother of the year if your kids only watch one hour of TV. We watch more than that on a typical day. I usually feel guilty, but some days there are no other options--especially with Dallin. He can be a bit difficult, especially when I'm trying to do--pretty much anything!
Post a Comment