Friday, June 11, 2010

Kylie's 6th Birthday Party

Since Kylie's birthday was the same day as Lanie's due date, we decided to let her have a birthday party a week early. I wanted to keep it small and I didn't have to do too much talking to convince Kylie.
She picked a garden theme and invited the five girls from her kindergarten class and a good friend from our neighborhood. We ended up with a total of seven little girls including Sadie. The garden theme was going to be so cute in our backyard, but cold windy weather made us move it inside. That worked too.

I was so grateful that Martin and Mimosa were in town to help me out. Kylie picked all of the activities and food.
We started off by painting bird feeders. Crafts are always a big hit for 6 year old girls.
Then as the bird feeders were drying and the area was being cleaned up, Martin helped out by spinning the girls through pin the bee/ladybug/butterfly on the flower. Drawing colored by Kylie and Sadie.
Freeze dancing is always a hit.
After that the girls got to decorate (and eat) their own cupcakes. We had yummy garden food like a veggie tray, fruit salad, and popcorn (corn grows in gardens!) They also each got a cup of dirt and worms (oreo cookies, chocolate pudding, and gummy worms) with pinwheels to take home. The girls each got to take their gift to Kylie, but they had to act like an animal and Kylie had to guess it right before she could open the present.
What a fun bunch of girls. I know that Kylie had a good time and it was fairly stress free for me!
Happy Birthday Kylie!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

My kids started freaking out when they saw Amelia in the picture. I'm so glad everything worked out with the baby and Miki getting home. I can't imagine all of that happening at once but what a blessing. Take care and hang in there for the next 6 months! You are amazing!