Friday, June 11, 2010

Miki's 2 Weeks Home


Miki got to come home from Iraq for two weeks. We were lucky to be able to work it out for when they baby was due. And he was so glad to also be here for Kylie's birthday, dance recital and Sadie's school program. I was grateful he was also here for Mother's Day (I got to sleep in and have breakfast in bed!)
We didn't know exactly when he would arrive since the trip can be a lengthy, drawn out process. He called me from Dallas to let me know when he would land in El Paso. I put Sadie in the car and went to Kylie's school. I pulled her out of her class. She was very confused as to the reason, but the first thing she said was "Did you get me out of class because Daddy is home?" She was so excited to be able to go to the airport with us. We got to the airport only minutes before his plane landed, but with my slow waddling walk, checking in, getting through security, putting our shoes back on, and having to stop in at the restroom, I thought we had missed seeing him in at the gate. As we were sprinting (yeah right) down the long hallway to his gate, I saw him at the end of the hall. He waved and I told the girls to run to their dad. They looked at me a bit confused (they know they aren't supposed to run in buildings). I told them again to run to their dad and they did a tentative speed walk. As soon as they got to him, he scooped them both right up into his arms and carried them pretty much the whole way to the car. I was laughing/crying trying to hug him around my humongous belly. I caught the eyes of many of the other people walking by and I have never seen so many smiles in one place. We must have been a sight! I didn't care. Everything was right with the world again. We loved every minute of his time home. What an adventure those two weeks were. I am grateful that he got to be here for so many of our fun family events, especially welcoming Lanie into our family. He left again for Iraq on May 19th and will be there until about Thanksgiving time. We all miss him and love him so much. Thanks for all that you do for us!

1 comment:

Kevin and Kristen said...

We are so glad that he got to come home and see his girls! It was so great to talk to you the other day, and I hope that this summer goes well for you while you adjust to being a Momma of 3. I know that you will be fine beause you are one of the best Moms, friends, and ladies I have known!