Right next to the forks was a wooden box that said "Amish Entertainment". The curious person that I am, I decided to open the box and see what it was all about. I thought this was especially important for me to do since I had lived in Missouri (Amish country) for two years and thought I was an expert on the Amish. Besides, I really just thought that it held toothpicks!
So, holding my plate of food in my left hand and opening the box with my right, a big wiggly spider comes flying out and hits my right hand. I screamed and convulsed and threw my plate of food. Then in my subconscious somewhere I told myself to not drop my plate of food on the floor, so my hand shot out trying to catch my flying plate only to knock it farther away from me. It fell smack on the floor and I immediatly curled up into a little ball of fear and adrenaline.
Everyone (and there were a lot of people!) was laughing so hard because they had all seen the box, known what it was, and either had looked in and not been scared or had withstood the earge to pry into other people's things.
Let's just say that I was quite the spectacle screaming so loud, laughing so hard at myself, shaking with a major adrenaline rush, and tears streaming down my face. It was the best! I may have to buy one of these boxes myself. So if you ever come to visit... don't poke and pry too much, you never know what is going to jump out at you.



4 comments:
That's so funny! Hey I'm so glad to hear from you. I tried to e-mail you several times after you moved, but your e-mail address you left us didn't work...needless to say, I'm glad to see that you are all doing well. Looks like your enjoying San Antonio. We miss having you guys around. Our ward keeps getting smaller and smaller! Keep in touch!
Tovi that is so funny! I would have dropped my plate too! I absolutely hate spiders. What a dirty trick! It sounds like you guys are doing well and having lots of laughs. We miss you guys a ton. Our babies are scheduled to arrive on the 26th, next week! They will induce me if I am still pg by then. We are very excited! Love you guys.
Viv
This was one of my favorite events of the night... so funny! And you were such a great sport about it!
You're right, it was fabulous!
Post a Comment