Friday, February 1, 2008

First Friday Lunch Bunch

Wow! We just had a power outage! That is always a little more intense when your big, brave, strong husband is not around. Luckily, the girls were fast asleep and didn't notice and I found the flashlight in two seconds flat. Really, the power outage only lasted about five minutes. Strange but that was probably the most exciting part of my day.
Miki called last night around 9:30. I guess Honduras is in the same time zone. I had no idea. He said that the flight was uneventful and that he was sleeping in a type of hut with six other guys last night. He also got car sick on the ride from the airport to his "hut". He sounded tired but I was just so happy to hear his voice and know that everything was alright.
So, this entry is titled First Friday Lunch Bunch because that was pretty much our entire day today. Our ward Relief Society does this once a month and it was my turn to host. Everyone comes over for lunch and brings some type of food to share. Kids are welcome. I spent the whole morning cooking and cleaning and making sure that the girls kept the house clean. Everyone started arriving around 10:15 and from then until 2:30 it was chaos. I really don't know why I allow that many kids (approximately 21) running around my house, it always exhausts me! Hopefully everyone was having a good time though. When everyone left, I spent the rest of the time cleaning up.


Kylie and Sadie and I did get in some good Hide and Seek, Dora time (note zombie faces in picture above as they are hypnotized by Dora. Sadie is the worst!) puzzle time, and story time.


We saw Sadie walking down the stairs by herself for the first time today. She looks so proud of herself. I was expecting to have to drop the camera at any second to race to her rescue.

No comments: