Friday, March 12, 2010

A Happy Birthday

Wednesday was my birthday. Miki and the girls have been plotting and planning for over a month now on making my birthday a special one even though Miki is halfway across the world. Every time the girls would talk to Miki on the phone I had to leave the room so that I wouldn't hear all of the secrets. Kylie found out from me what I wanted for my birthday and would then relay the information to her father. Miki would purchase the items online and have them shipped to us. Kylie and Sadie waited anxiously for each package. I had to open the package with my eyes closed. The girls would swoop in and take whatever was in the box and hide it. They had a fun time telling me that each package only contained worms, dirt, spiders and cockroaches. They said that they were sorry, but that that was what I was getting for my birthday.


On my birthday, they woke up early and found the presents in their hiding spots and set them all out on the coffee table. Then they got all of their morning chores done. They wouldn't let me get out of bed until they were all ready. It was so fun to see their excitement and anticipation.


Some friends from church took me out to lunch and I was showered with more wonderful gifts and well-wishes. It was so nice to have so many friends and family thinking of me on my special day.


My friend, Brea, made me a cake and the girls and I enjoyed it after dinner. Thanks Brea for the beautiful, yummy cake.


Thank you everyone for making my birthday a memorable one.


4 comments:

Becky Foster said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday. Your girls are so cute. I love how excited they got.

DocLT said...

Aw, happy birthday Tovi!! Kylie and Sadie are too cute, showing their true Cain-ness with the sneaking around and planning. Hope the pregnancy is not treating you too bad :0)

jomandy said...

Happy Birthday! You and you girls look so cute. What a nice husband and girls you have! I'm glad your day was so special.

TOVAR said...

Happy Birthday! Nice plotting on Miki and the girls' part.