Monday, May 7, 2012

Kylie's Field Trip to the Zoo- April 28, 2012

 The 2nd graders got to take a field trip to the Zoo.  I volunteered to help chaperon.  There were so many parents that volunteered that I was only responsible for these two crazy kids and their shenanigans.  This is Kylie and her classmate and friend Jenna.
 
 We walked around the zoo for about an hour and then met up with the rest of her class at the sea lion show.  We sat there and waited for about 45 minutes, just so that we would have good seats.  The show ended up not being worth the wait.  Pretty boring and I checked out when they opened with a lady singing and dancing to "I'm Sexy and I Know It."  What?  I thought this was a crowd of 7 and 8 year olds.  I wouldn't call that appropriate.
 We then ate lunch and had to go to the snack shack because Jenna insisted on buying something, anything there.  Jenna and I got soft serve ice cream and Kylie got popcorn.  When we ran into her teacher, Mrs. Richards, she swiped most of Kylie's popcorn.  Kylie was a good sport about it.  She LOVES her teacher and will miss her so much next year.

No comments: