Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas 2009 Letter

It is the end of a full and busy year for the Cain family. We moved this year to El Paso and we're adjusting to the change. We enjoy our new house and ward and we feel very blessed.

The best news of our eventful year is that Tovi is pregnant and is due in May. We still don't know the gender, but we'll be ecstatic either way. The girls can't wait to become big sisters and help take care of the baby. Hopefully, Miki will be able to return home for the event.

Miki graduated from his pediatric residency program this summer. He is now in Iraq after spending a short time in Kuwait where he is the brigade surgeon for an armored unit out of Fort Bliss. He's in a relatively peaceful area and hasn't needed to shoot anyone yet. He should be home somewhere between August and November. After that it should be back to being a pediatrician at Fort Bliss.

Sadie is always full of smiles and something funny to say. If you ask her what she's most thankful for, she'll normally respond corn dogs, family and Jesus. It probably comes in that order. She loves the Barbie and the Diamond Castle movie and sings the theme songs all day long. She also has her nose in her books for most of the day. She is three years old and has started attending preschool this year. She is slowly learning to be independent from her mom. We couldn't imagine our family without her.

Kylie is also doing great. She has started kindergarten and loves her teacher and classmates. She is learning so quickly and has made plenty of friends. Kylie participated in a soccer league this past Fall. She was a little timid, but enjoyed being a part of the team. She is also taking a ballet/tap dance class and is looking forward to her recitals. She is a great help around the house. She's always willing to clean, make food and help with her sister while her dad is away. I don't remember being as responsible as her when I was that age.

Tovi is taking care of the business at the home front. She's been the glue for our family while things have been difficult. The kids and I couldn't have asked for a better wife and mother. She continues to help run a neighborhood children’s music class, as well as, being the Primary Chorister at church. Tovi has been given the responsibility to teach Kylie and Sadie manners and proper etiquette over the next year before Miki comes home and ruins it all again. Good luck with that.

That's all for our family right now. Have a Merry Christmas. You are all in our hearts and prayers.

Love, Miki, Tovi, Kylie and Sadie

2 comments:

Becky Foster said...

Tovi when exactly are you due? We're probably due right around the same time. I'm due May 9th!!

Kimberli said...

As always, I love your "year in review". And I agree with Miki... you are good glue and someday I want to be as solid as you are through the tough times.

As far as the other posts... love Sadie's haircut and I think a cute little belly looks great on you. I think its a boy (don't you think its funny when random people tell you that by just looking at your belly). Colossus will be a great addition to your family. :) And I am so glad you posted pics of the blanket. It looks wonderful!