I decided, that before school started, the girls needed one last party. I was hoping that it would help them enjoy the rest of the summer, but also get to know some of the girls that they would be going to school with a little bit better.Kylie invited a few girls that would be in 2nd grade with her (Eden, Gracie, Sarah, Madellyn, and Kirsten) and Sadie invited some that would be starting Kindergarten with her (Amanda, Savannah, and Kati). It was also nice, because three of the girls had just moved here and we all got to spend time with them.

The first half of the party was spent sliding down the water slide and jumping on the trampoline. I tried to get some fun pictures of each of the girls. I love some of their silly faces. You could tell they were having so much fun.



















Then, the girls made bookmarks out of ribbon and buttons and did a little show and tell.


They played a couple of water games. One where they had to use a spray bottle to try and fill up their partner's cup until the ping pong ball floated out. There was lots of cheating going on with this one!
They also had to toss large sponges into their partner's bucket of water with the main purpose to get each other as wet as possible. And in the last game they had a set time to put as many wet paper dots onto their partner. And the partnership that had the most spots won. It was so much fun to watch the girls as some of them took the games so seriously and others were laughing the entire time.
They got to pick out a cute fridge magnet to take home when they won a game.
They got to pick out a cute fridge magnet to take home when they won a game. I have to say a big thanks to my helpers... Kate and Jillian. They helped me set up, clean, serve food and entertain the girls for the entire party. I couldn't have done it all without them!
Maybe this back to school party will be a yearly tradition!











No comments:
Post a Comment