Friday, April 27, 2012

Kylie's 2nd Grade Program- Feb. 16, 2012

The 2nd Graders put on a patriotic song program.  Each class sang two songs.  Kylie's class sang Fifty Nifty United States, a song that lists all of the states in alphabetical order.  It was fun to hear her practice this song because I still remember it from when I was in grade school.  They also sang Deep In The Heart of Texas.  Texans are very proud of their state!  If you get a chance, you should ask Kylie or Sadie to recite the Pledge to the Texas Flag.  Every morning they say the Pledge of Allegiance, the Pledge to the Texas Flag and then sing The Star Spangled Banner.  I am glad that their school still has them do this each morning although it is disheartening to see all of the parents walking around and talking during this time instead of setting a good example of respect for their kids.

Kylie is in the middle back of this picture.  She is actually one of the tallest girls in her class and got to stand on the back row.  This is funny to me, because I hardly ever got off of the front row of pictures, choirs and programs.  I was always too short.

No comments: