Monday, April 16, 2012

A White Christmas- Dec. 23-24, 2011

It snowed in El Paso two days before Christmas! Supposedly, it rarely snows here. Although, I have seen it snow every winter that I have lived here, so I don't know if I believe that it is so rare of an occurrence.
It was nice to have such big fluffy snowflakes and the girls bundled up in whatever snow clothes we could piece together to enjoy the unusual weather.The rare thing about this snow was that it stuck around for two days. We still had enough snow on the 24th for Miki to build this guy. The girls helped give him his look. He did have to propped up with a couple of sticks, to keep from falling over. They also had to bring snow from the backyard and use up pretty much everything from the front yard to manage this big guy. It was the biggest snowman in the neighborhood. We saw a couple of tiny, tiny snowmen, but nothing like ours. And he stuck around for about a week, slowly melting so the girls got to enjoy a white Christmas a little longer.

After talking to family in Utah, New Jersey, and Illinois, we realized that none of them had snow on Christmas, but we did! Ha! Now that is rare!

1 comment:

Natalie Marie said...

loved getting caught up! Also loved the shout out at Halloween :)