Saturday, April 14, 2012

Ward Campout- Sept. 21 and 22, 2011

We braved a camping trip with a baby! What were we thinking? Kylie and Sadie had such a good time, it made up for the lack of sleep and crazy night that Lanie gave us. She was pretty good overall. She went to bed easily, but halfway through the night she woke up and saw all of us sleeping there in the same place as her and she wanted out of the playpen. She cried and cried and I finally took her outside and walked around for a little while. That calmed her down. I then tried to put her back to bed, but she wouldn't have it. So, I walked around with her some more. Luckily, there was a lodge that was open and we explored it for awhile. It is amazing all of the bugs and rodents you can see scurrying around in the middle of the night when you are supposed to be sleeping in your nice, cozy sleeping bag, in your nice, cozy tent.
After a couple more attempts to put Lanie back to bed, I was exhausted and woke up Miki and told him it was his turn with her. He decided to just let her roam around the tent. Not a brilliant idea as she proceeded to jump on Kylie and Sadie and wake them up to play with her. We finally ended up just leaving her in her playpen to scream it out (which I should have done in the first place) and she pretty much woke up the entire campground. I think it is a given that no one sleeps well at a camp out. At least not when the Cains are around.
We can't wait to try again this next year! Maybe no one else in the Ward will go when they hear that we will be there. Sorry friends!

The campsite had a zip line that the kids enjoyed over and over. Miki somehow ended up helping ALL of the kids on and off the zip line the entire day. He doesn't mind and would rather do that then socialize.


No comments: